Skills Catalyst Training Program
Prepare for your job search & future education in the skilled trades with Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario’s FREE 8-week training program!
The Skills Catalyst Training program provides barrier-free access to the development of skills that will help participants explore their employability or further education outcomes, with a focus on skilled trades. This program is open to the public, including those who experience barriers entering the labour market.
This program will be held twice a week for 8-weeks at our Pacific ReStore (located at 40 Pacific Court, London). Participants will receive practical training skills such as general finishing and carpentry, workplace safety, customer service, and WHMIS. There will also be a focus on life skills, such as teamwork, accountability, leadership, time management, confidence, and self-esteem.
This FREE training program is open to all individuals who are:
- 18 years or older
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Interested in a career in the skilled trades
This program is divided into two parts:
- Part one (first 4 weeks): Hands-on workshops teaching skills such as health & safety, proper tool handling techniques, etc.
- Part two (last 4 weeks): Choose one of the two practicum streams. Options are: 1) working on an active Habitat build site learning construction operations, or 2) working at our London ReStores testing and repairing appliances, furniture, and practicing customer service.
The program concludes with a certificate of completion for the participant, as well as a networking event with community partners.
- Fill in the registration form. Click here to download the newest version of Adobe Reader free, then click here to view and then download the PDF form (the form will open in the internet, please download a copy and then right-click to open in Adobe Reader, view and fill in) OR click here to download the form in Word doc.
- Send your completed registration form to Kendra by email at email@example.com, or by dropping/mailing the form to our main office located at 1-611 Wonderland Rd N. London, ON N6H 4V6.