Community fundraising events
Are you enthusiastic about spreading awareness of Habitat for Humanity’s work locally? Do you want to fundraise for more homes to help families break the cycle of poverty? Hosting a fundraiser is a fun and easy way to engage others from your religious groups, workplaces, schools, sports teams, families and social circles. No fundraiser is too small or too big! 100% of the funds you raise will go directly to our builds to give our partner families a hand up, not a hand out. Start planning by exploring many tips and tools this hub offers.
How can I raise funds?
Here are a few ideas to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario:
- Host a cocktail reception, walk-a-thon, birthday party, community yard sale or lemonade stand. The options are limitless – so is the impact!
- Got enough stuff? In lieu of gifts for special occasions, ask that a donation be made to Habitat Heartland Ontario
- Challenge Yourself – Planning to skydive? Shave your head? Run a marathon? Do it in the name of Habitat and raise donations in honour of your personal accomplishment!
- Ask family and friends to support your volunteer efforts. Set a fundraising goal for your build day.
- Create a team campaign with your office, friends, classmates or family members.
- Set up an online fundraising pageonline fundraising page and watch the impact grow!